Crack for Red Fish

RedfishRedfish


ok, now if you want to know what the best bait for catching Redfish is, then listen up. We started out hitting the back canals in the intercoastal. We kept coming across schools of red fish, but nothing we threw at them worked. I stared using live shrimp, then tried some different lures ranging from small minnows to jigs. It just seemed as though they didn't want anything. I had a pole rigged with a live shrimp in a pole holder off the back of the boat, when i started to hear the drag take off. I think "finally, one of them got hungry." I was wrong. As soon as I set the hook, the fish jumped. It was a Lady Fish. I got it in and decided to cut it up and use it for bait. (It was a small one) So, I cut up the lady fish, put a piece on, and cast up under some of the mangroves. Before it even had a chance to get to the bottom, my line takes off. First redfish of the day. Every cast after that, we pulled in a redfish using a piece of lady fish. I have now come to the conclusion that red fish are like crack heads, and lady fish is their crack!!!!

1 comments:

  1. Fish Whisperer said...
     

    Cool blog. It is funny how sometime a fish will only bite one thing then other times whatever you throw out gets a hit. I added you to my blog roll and will keep up on your posts.
    Tight lines

Post a Comment